We can’t wait to welcome everyone as they run through our doors on June 22!
Our priority is, and always has been, to build a physical and emotional safe community for our staff, campers, and families. We are confident in our plans to open for Summer 2021 and look forward to providing your campers with the warm, caring, thoughtful experience you would expect from the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan. While we hope that the world returns to normalcy in 2021, we are confidently creating plans for each robust scenario with the support of our consulting physician. As always, our camps are working closely with both the American Camp Association and the Department of Health, which are able to provide further recommendations and guidelines.
Below are the current details on what you can expect for the upcoming summer. We will continue to update them as the year progresses.
- Camper groups of 12-15 children
- Groups and staff will remain static throughout the session
- Enhanced daily cleaning and sanitizing throughout camp
- Daily temperature check and a daily health declaration
- Instructional and free swim throughout the week
- Snack will be provided daily (and lunch at Camp Settoga!)
- Additional coaches for specialized sports instruction on all courts and fields
- Enhanced use of indoor spaces for inclement weather days at both camps
- Utilization of additional fields at Riverside Park for outdoor activities for the 5s and 6s and additional time on the rooftop playground for 3s and 4s for the Day Camp @ the JCC
- New program spaces will include a yoga deck, dance deck, outdoor game spaces, and additional gaga pits
In 2020, we made the heartbreaking decision to not open our doors. Since that moment, our leadership team has been planning for Summer 2021 which we believe will be our best summer yet, filled with deeper skill development, opportunities for stronger community connection and engagement, endless laughs, and, of course, s’mores!